Master of Arts in the Philosophy of Religion and Ethics (May 2005)
Talbot School of Theology, Biola University, La Mirada, CA
With High Honors. GPA: 3.889/4.000
Bachelor of Arts in Religion (Minor: Music) (May 1997)
Whitworth University, Spokane, WA
Summa Cum Laude. GPA: 3.90/4.00
ACADEMIC & TEACHING EXPERIENCE
Kilns College, Bend, OR (Jan 2017 – present)
- Independent Study advisor for graduate students in New Testament studies, ethics & theology.
- Thesis reader.
Classical Conversations of Redmond, Redmond, OR (Sept 2013 – present)
Challenge B, I, II & III Director/Tutor
- Serve families by acting as Lead Learner in a Home Education co-operative program.
- Model for parents the Classical Model of education through leading discussions and providing a rigorous and rich classical learning environment for their high school age students.
- Prepare for and lead weekly, multi-subject seminars for 30 weeks during the school year.
- Support parents in their Home Education endeavors with their students.
- Served as main speaker for local parent practicums in Bend, Redmond and Portland (2014-15).
High Desert Education Service District, Redmond, OR (Nov 2007 – Oct 2010)
Certified Substitute Teacher, K-12
- Taught in a wide variety of classrooms, with various ages, in different subjects and schools throughout Central Oregon.
- Carried out teachers’ lesson plans and successfully managed classrooms and behavior.
Mount Bachelor Academy, Prineville, OR (Oct 2007 – Nov 2009)
Teacher, Language Arts Department Head
- Taught Math & English to High School students at an Emotional Growth Boarding School.
- Participated in Emotional Growth program with students as needed.
- Built unique relationships with a wide-variety of faculty, staff and students.
- Classroom and behavior management of teenagers with various learning disabilities, emotional and behavior issues.
- Led or co-led 5 experiential “classrooms,” including Shakespeare Festival (Ashland) & Boy’s Mountain Classroom (Eastern California).
- Managed and oversaw an academic department, including leading & evaluating colleagues.
- Curriculum development and delivery in accordance with State standards.
PASTORAL & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
First Baptist Church, Prineville, OR (Sept 2010 – present)
- Developed a stable, structured, safe, and collaboratively led Children’s Ministry program to serve families in a small local church.
- Developed several curricula for various audiences, including children, youth & adults.
- Equipped & led multiple ministry teams, including Children, Youth, Adult Sunday School, Home Communities, and Missions.
- Regularly preached & taught in various venues to multiple age groups.
- Coordinated and provided biblical and theological training for the entire church.
- Development and writing multiple doctrinal and practical position papers, as well as organizational policies & procedures.
- Regular shepherding, counseling and care of individuals and families.
- Have led and multiplied several Home Communities (Small Groups).
Pneuma Church, Federal Way, WA & Soma Communities, Tacoma, WA (March 2005 – Sept 2007)
Teacher, Administrator, Youth Pastor
- Served as administrative & communications lead for several church plants in the Puget Sound area, seeking to create functional structures and organize for missional movement.
- Participated in regular preaching, teaching, shepherding & leadership development.
- Led Youth Ministry at Federal Way plant.
Whittier Hills Baptist Church, Whittier, CA
Assistant Pastor of Ministry Support (Jan 2003 – Feb 2005)
Assistant Pastor of Junior High (June 2002 – Jan 2003)
Junior High Director (Nov 1997 – June 2002)
- Developed and led successful junior high program focused on disciple-making, including vision & strategy, events, discipleship, teaching, worship leading, and leadership development.
- Assisted Senior Pastor in executing vision through direct implementation and/or support of various ministries within an 800+ attendee church.
- Led and oversaw diverse administrative staff, including position development & hiring.
- Oversaw, organized & administered annual budget of roughly $1 million.
- Regular preaching & worship-leading for entire congregation.
- Oversaw and organized church-wide small groups ministry.
- Organized and oversaw intensive, academically rigorous Adult Education program (IMPACT).
Central Oregon Youth Development, Inc., & The Landing Youth & Tutoring Center Prineville, OR (Feb. 2011 – August 2016)
Co-Founder & President
- Dreamed up and led a collaborative effort of local organizations to creatively address issues of poverty, education and safety through an after-school tutoring program for 6th-12th grade students.
- Collaborated with local School District administration to clarify vision for the program.
- Led transition of church-based program into a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Recruited Board members & volunteers to oversee and run program.
- Successfully led merger with local K-5 after-school program to become the only K-12 after-school program in Crook County.
- As a volunteer Board member, successfully oversaw and managed program, employees, budget, finances, and Board for 5 1/2 years.
- Helped to create and begin to implement a long-term strategic plan for the organization.
- Successfully wrote several thousand dollars worth of grants; raised significant funds in the community.
The GeneroCity Project, Prineville, OR (Summer 2011)
- Helped to create and lead a city-wide fund-raising collaboration which successfully raised $10,000 for underserved children in the Crook County School District.
- The collaboration consisted of a wide variety of non-profit, religious, civic and educational organizations in the community.
Crook County Higher Education Advisory Council, Prineville, OR (2010-2012)
Member & Vice-President
- Served on a community-wide citizen’s council to advise on the implementation of higher education in Crook County through academic programs offered through Central Oregon Community College and the Oregon State University Open Campus program.
- Served as chair of the Cultural Shift committee for the council, which sought to implement community-wide changes in how education was viewed and accessed.
American Bible Society Award, Outstanding Scholar in Biblical Studies May 1997, Religion Department, Whitworth College